600g sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
1 egg yolk
Sea salt and ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
100g sliced smoked salmon
2 poached eggs
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons chervil or parsley leaves
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Combine the sweet potato and egg yolk together and season well.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Divide the sweet potato mixture into four and shape into loose rounds. Then press into flat rounds in the pan to form a round fritter. Cook for 3 minutes each side until crisp and tender.
4. Poach 2 eggs. For tips on how to perfectly poach eggs, check out Luke and Scott in the second episode of Live Well.
5. Transfer the fritters to serving plates and top with the smoked salmon and 2 poached eggs. Serve with avocado and a sprinkle of chervil leaves. Drizzle with avocado oil and serve with the lemon wedges.
Luke and Scott’s recipes are from their books 'Clean Living' and the 'Clean Living Cookbook' by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia and available at bookshops everywhere.